Saturday, July 3, 2010

Leaving for Grand Cayman Island

Amazing how time brings so many changes in our lives!  Left at 8:52 a.m. July 3, 2010 driving to Houston to board a plane for Grand Cayman!! Hurricane Alex brought lots of rain this week along with some flooding in Houston.  It's dry and overcast today as we cross over the bridge to Port Arthur. 

Everyone at work seemed to be more excited about this trip than I was but I started getting more excited this week.  I think we booked the trip around May 7th.  It was my idea to invite Jack's friends Jack Dennis and Patty Suhler.  I got my hair highlighted and my nails done for the trip.  I was really pleased with the way my hair turned out. 

I am enjoying not having coursework to worry about but the next course will begin before the week is out.  I miss talking to my online friends already.  So many of them have finished their coursework and will graduate in August.  Only time will tell if we will remain friends. 

I am looking forward to getting to know Jack and Patty better.  If it hadn't been for the computer we probably would not have connected with them like this.  Jack reconnected with them through his high school website and then they surprised him by coming to our church dedication day.  My goal for this trip is to really reconnect with my husband.  This trip was mostly his idea so I hope it will be memorable.  



1 comment:

  1. My goal was to practice safe stingraying. And I did.

    ReplyDelete